Thursday, 1 December 2011

Students work and strange paintbrushes

Hi everyone

I have had alovely time today looking at some very beautiful and inspiring work so I would love to share it with you all.

Heather has been working on the print chapter in module 1 and she has produced some really clever prints building up layers of colour.
First using a lemon to print with.




This second lemon print has the quality of lace and the colours really sing.

More prints were made using the printing tool we all first used in school....the humble potato. Which can be used to create exciting repeat and overlaid prints.



And finally a card print based on a pomegranate. Notice how the repeats combine to make interesting lines such as the diagonals in the right hand pattern.



Maureen has just completed Module 2 and has designed and made this book to reflect the haiku poem seen on the cover. It really reflects her chosen theme and celebrates the skills she has learned in a very beautiful and subtle way.
I couldn't choose a page as the whole thing was so beautiful so here are all the pages















And lastly a bit of fun. As you all know the first chapter of module 1 looks at mark making and you are encouraged to try out non traditional tools to make marks such as feathers and sticks. I came across a development on this activity when I found some experimental brushes made by artist Claire Leggett.



What a fantastic selection! Hope you have been inspired to have a go at making your own brushes now.
Look at Claires very lovely paintings on her web site http://paintdropskeepfalling.wordpress.com/

Happy painting
Viv


No comments:

Post a Comment